Working with the Artemia4Bangladesh project team, the post holder will join the efforts to design the interventions and implement activities to establish and disseminate integrated salt, Artemia and Aquaculture to increase food and nutrition security of salt farmers.
- Monitoring and coordination process integrity of technical implementation of the project activities to introduce salt and Artemia production system and to increase marine aquaculture production and productivity in the Cox’s Bazar district.
- Provide technical assistance to set up demonstration farms for Artemia cyst and biomass, and saline tolerant species aquaculture in salt farms.
- Provide technical assistance the activities to increase aquaculture production and productivity through locally produced Artemia cyst and biomass.
- Coordinate to enhance marine aquaculture technologies such as shrimp, crab, marine fish production.
- Organize review of research data collected by the research team; identify and responsibly address issues in execution.
- Prepare progress/quarterly/ annual reports, write scientific publications aligned with project activities.
- Advise research team on progress of research activities and identify issues in the implementation of experiments and data quality.
- Guide internal and external partners/stakeholders on compliance/protocols to support the project activities and safety guidelines.
- Sustain quality of research work by providing supervision to Research Assistants and field staffs as appropriate ensuring field research and procedures are executed consistently and with rigor.
This job is open to Bangladesh Nationals with the following skills and qualifications:
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Aquaculture, Fisheries, Marine sciences, and other development related subjects.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in research / survey work, private sector, community discussion, and data collection, organize meeting/ workshop/ seminar, writing meeting minutes, reports in Aquaculture/ fisheries or related areas.
- Track record of writing scientific publications, reports.
- Ability and willingness to travel in remote areas with locally available transportation. Willing and able to travel by motorcycle with valid driving license.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Computer literacy in standard MS Office programs, data analysis, prepare presentations.
- A good understanding in operation and practices of salt farms, shrimp hatcheries and farms in Bangladesh.
- Diversified experience including monitoring amp; evaluation, report preparation, planning and presentations.
- A demonstrated record of inter-disciplinary, partnership building, and the desire to work in a collaborative environment.
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position with approximate annual salary ranging between BDT 1,032,535 BDT 1,162,127 per annum. WorldFish NRS shall receive comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents, and pension / provident fund contribution.
Eligibility, Location and Duration
This position will be based at WorldFish’s Office in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh. Interviews are expected to be held in April 2021 and only shortlisted candidates will be notified and expected to attend the interview. The successful candidate should be available to commence in April 2021 for an initial one (1) year fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding availability.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online latest by 13 April 2021:
- A cover letter including a 2-page (max) description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, head of HR and peer.
Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of applicants for WorldFish positions, we appreciate all interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has seven offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. Our Leadership Team is 50/50 in terms of its gender split and 60% of our management cadre are women. We continue to seek diversity and gender balance across other dimensions and we support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage women and men from developing nations to apply